Friday, May 25, 2007

My Favorite LIbrary WIKI...

I explored the different Wiki's listed in this discovery challenge. There is more out there to read than I ever imagined. My knowledge base going into this challenge about wiki web resources was wikipedia. I found out there is much more...


I liked the format and purpose of the "Book Lovers" wiki @ Princeton Public Library. This wiki offers so many opportunities for patrons, and the community to communicate with each other and library staff. I hope that APL will consider this idea as a future project. I think it would be an asset going forward. It might be fun to try this with teens or adults. This is a great way to generate feedback and ownership of the collection (all formats) . I see the drawbacks of a wiki... it will be necessary to have discussion upfront about how to manage them before getting started, then build the wiki structure so that some of the problems will be manageable.

No comments: