Wednesday, May 30, 2007
- I learned how much I enjoy photography and graphic design. I especially enjoyed creating my own graphics during this learning experience. I learned about how to use Bubble Share and started up my own graphic share album that I want to maintain and share with a network of friends. Flickr, MySpace, and beginning my first PB wiki were fun and gave me another place to create and share with a larger group of friends and family.
- The most wonderful outcome of this experience was that I shared it with my daughter and extended family. They were so receptive and interested. I think this exploring will become a continued experience for me because of the positive feedback that I have received.
- I did not realize that many of the resources overlap and can be used in complimentary ways... I found out that I am a "label junkie" of sorts. I like all the cool colorful labels that I added to my blog and they actually link to real resources. I admit that I got carried away and will probably revise my blog but first I will learn awhile from this creation.
- Because we are so busy it was difficult to find time to invest in this learning process. I did but it was not realistic to do it at work. I think that it would be easier to complete if we started with 5 lessons to learn over a period of 10 weeks. I think the kick-off party was great as is the wrap party.
- Yes I will participate in future learning experiences. This has been fun and I have learned so much. The most important thing is that I am not afraid to learn this stuff... never felt stupid. Thank you for the opportunity and for all the work I know you did to get this going Amanda.
Friday, May 25, 2007
I liked the format and purpose of the "Book Lovers" wiki @ Princeton Public Library. This wiki offers so many opportunities for patrons, and the community to communicate with each other and library staff. I hope that APL will consider this idea as a future project. I think it would be an asset going forward. It might be fun to try this with teens or adults. This is a great way to generate feedback and ownership of the collection (all formats) . I see the drawbacks of a wiki... it will be necessary to have discussion upfront about how to manage them before getting started, then build the wiki structure so that some of the problems will be manageable.
I have passed the mid-point for this 23 Things learning experience and feel exhausted. Time has run out and there are too many things to do. I will now resort to plan be...a not so interesting learning method but one that will help me finish (I promise myself I will go back and learn the only way I learn) by Doingggggggggg, making mistakes, fearlessly going where I never knew I would adventure.
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Click the link below to read all about it.
nsf.gov - News - US National Science Foundation (NSF)
Thursday, May 3, 2007
When I first started exploring the del.ciou.us features it was not clear to me that this is a fun personal place to keep...share...and borrow interesting bookmarks connected by tag words.
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Sunday, April 8, 2007
Saturday, April 7, 2007
My Tale of Discovery...
While in Africa a few years ago searching for the rare hot pink rabbit . Spam Jam , a world-renown wildlife film-maker, came across a great discovery -- the rabbit uses its hippo for laughing mangos ! Capturing this on film was difficult. At first, the rabbit was very chubby . One day, Jam approached the rabbit with some mangos . The rabbit ran away with the mangos in its hippo! " yikes! ! I must get that on film!" cried Jam , who went to get the movie camera from the tent. When Jam returned, the rabbit had stubbed the mangos ! Before Jam had a chance to film anything, this creature had used its hippo to laugh the mangos straight into the lens of the camera! Creatures do the most singing things! It's a good thing Spam Jam kept trying -- now the world can see it for themselves!
Saturday, March 17, 2007
Friday, March 16, 2007
Thank you all for your gracious comments. I have enjoyed reading the blogs and learning from everyone in this 2.0 group.
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
I recently visited the Flickr home page. I did register and established an account. I want to set-up a private photo group and invite all the “Dog People” I know to join and share their photos, stories, and brainstorm ways to serve organizations like the SPCA. If you are a dog person and want to join, you will be welcome. The guidelines will be simple… take pictures; share them and your stories. After the group is established, we can make a Doggie poster and sell it to help support the SPCA and our dog friends. All ideas are welcome. The most important thing is to enjoy sharing pictures and the wonderful relationships we have with our dog friends.
This is one of my favorite family dog pictures. Her name is Lobo, named after one of the University of New Mexico mascots, “Louisa Lobo”. She is a registered, 10 year old yellow retriever. She loves to play ball, boss cows and horses, and is a dear gentle friend.
Summer 2007 space camp is all about going back to the Moon. Kids attending the June camps will form small teams of 6 with two teen volunteer facilitators. Kids will have the opportunity to build a model of the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) that NASA will will launch in 2008. After the building is done they will move to Mission Control located in the library computer lab. Each team will have access to actual lunar data of 4 potential lunar (base/colony) sites. Kids will access the information from a local Mission Moon web site. The mission is for each team to evalute the lunar data and recommend to NASA scientists one site that they want the LRO to visit and acquire more data during the 2008 mission.